Saturday, September 13, 2008

my head takes my body for a walk

On my walk today I was very conscious of the beauty of the day; how the hues, shapes, textures of nature all blended so seamlessly with my senses and my physical body. In a moment of appreciation my mind opened to hear my mother’s voice saying “we must have an open mind” and immediately strings of memory nodes activated and I enjoyed a kaleidoscope of sensory joy rush through me and I savoured the moment, the memories. It has been almost 6 years since my mother transitioned and I still feel her presence keenly. This sensing of her energy, of seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling her hand on my shoulder on occasions, to name a few, all comes down to communication which has help to heal my sense of loss of her physical presence. This is no different than internal communication. The pattern is in place.

So what does having an open mind mean to me? I think of it as a mind of movement, of freedom from fear beliefs which hinder and flavour perceptions and dictate emotions, attitude, actions and my life. To engage in negative emotions is to show ourselves that we have no love for self and have no value. This is pretty bad but then we insist on sharing this energy with everyone and everything else. What a prime example of self absorption this is.

I thought about the question “what is my life about?” And immediately I heard:
Learning
Changing
Healing
Teaching
I look at these words and see how they link together in a very intimate manner and it allows me to see yet again the inseparability of everything or the unity of everything. I have to change the way I am thinking in order to learn and in order to learn I have to open my mind to change. In learning and changing I expand my mind, the energy of me because my perception of who I am continues to change. My mind continues to expand as the energy of love softens all experiences through understanding of the lessons.

What a wonderful moment in movement I have just had. I feel a huge shift in my energy as I recognize the positive emotions are my emotional safety net. Life is indeed good when the mind is encouraged to open and communication is the name of the game.

No comments: